Canada Travel / Visitor Visa
Thousands of individuals apply every year to visit Canada for a short stay to explore the beautiful multicultural country or explore the business activities. For such short stay, The Government of Canada offers visitor visa or TRV (Temporary Resident Permit) to the intended visitors. This visitor visa is granted for a renewable period of 6 months and may be for single entry, multiple entry or transit purposes.
Different types of Canadian Travel Visa are:
- Canada Tourist Visa: Canada Tourist Visa is offered to travelers or explorers who wish to explore the beauty & heritage of the country. Tourist visa Canada is valid for a short period of time and doesn’t allow visa holders to indulge in any sort of business or trading activities.
- Canada Business Visitor Visa: A business visitor visa is offered to the applicants who wish to visit Canada for international business activities without directly participating in the Canadian labor market. Business visitors may visit Canada to observe business sites or come on invitation of Canadian Companies for training or purposes related to a business transaction.
To enter Canada for business or holidaying purpose, every individual has to meet certain basic requirements, which includes:
- A valid travel document, mainly passport
- Good health of the applicant
- No criminal or immigration-related conviction history of the applicant
- A valid reason stating the purpose of returning back to the home country
- A convincing statement/proof (return tickets) to ensure authority that applicant will leave Canada at the end of the visit
- Subsequent money for staying in Canada.
Applicant may also need a:
- Medical exam and
- Letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
Every person need to have certain entry documents to make a valid entry in Canada. These documents include:
- Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- Visitor visa
Requirements for Tourist Visitors
- 1. Letter of invitation and/or statutory declaration of support
- 2. immigration status proof of inviter, which may include
- Photocopy of a Canadian permanent resident card
- Citizenship card
- 3. Financial documents of inviter, which may include
- Notice of Assessment
- Proof of employment
- Proof of inviter’s existing funds
Requirements for Business Visitors
- 1. Proof of ongoing business activities between Canadian company and applicant; which may include
- Contracts between applicant/applicant’s business, and Canadian business
- Business correspondence
- Shipment orders/invoices / bills of lading for goods sold
Who are Visitors?
Visitors are individuals who are non-Canadian citizens or non-permanent residents of Canada, and are legally authorized to visit Canada for:
- Holiday (vacation)
- Visit family
- Conduct business
Visitors are subject to various conditions and have restriction in duration of stay.
How long can I stay in Canada as a visitor?
At the port of entry in Canada, a border services officer determines the duration of individual’s stay in Canada. In most cases, visitors are allowed a six-month stay from the day they entered Canada. If you intend to stay for longer, then you must apply for the extension 30 days prior to the end of the authorized stay.
How can I apply for Visitor Visa?
You may apply online on in writing. To apply for visa online, an applicant needs to have access to a scanner or camera for creating electronic copies of the documents for uploading. The applicant must also have a valid credit card to make payment for Visa fee. And to apply in writing, you have to follow these steps:
- Gather documents
- Complete the application
- Pay the fees
- Submit the application
What is a Temporary Resident Visa?
A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) is an authorized official document issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) stamped or glued in the passport to states that the particular individual is authorized for admission to Canada as a temporary resident (either as a visitor, a student, or a worker).
Do I need a Temporary Resident Visa?
If you are a non-Canadian citizen or a non-permanent resident of Canada then you are required to apply for Temporary Resident Visa to enter Canada.
Do I have to apply separately for my family members?
There has to be separate application forms of every accompanying family member. Each person must fill and sign the Application for Temporary Resident Visa (IMM 5257). Also, each applicant (of or above 18 years of age) must complete the Family Information form (IMM 645). However, these forms can be sent together with 1 payment receipt of the total amount. Also, every accompanying family member (spouse, children) must meet individual requirements for temporary residence in Canada.
Are there medical requirements to visit Canada on TRV?
Yes, every applicant is required to undergo a medical examination to visit Canada. To meet the medical requirements, applicants might have to either contact a panel physician to undergo an upfront medical examination, or wait for reviewed application and get medical instructions by the visa office.
Can I work or study during my stay in Canada?
Visitors are not allowed to work or study in Canada under visitor visa Canada. Under Temporary Resident Visa Canada, an applicant can take a program of study up to six months duration but for courses of lengthy duration, he must first obtain the study permit (applied from his home country).
I obtain a multiple-entry temporary resident visa to Canada last year. Can I use it to travel to Canada for business trip?
Yes, if your Visa has not expired, you can use it. You would however need to bring documents supporting the purpose of your business visit to Canada.
What services will WWICS provide me?
WWICS is a renowned immigration consultant and offer various services to help the applicants get the temporary resident visa without any hustle & bustle. The consultants at the WWICS offer their services in:
- Evaluating the right visa type for your case.
- Advising applicants about the process in order to receive Visitor Visa smoothly.
- Submitting the complete application with required documentation
- Monitoring application process
- Every sort of communication with the Visa office
- Managing applicant’s application to optimize the likelihood of successfully obtaining visa.
Visas in the Family category include :
Canadian Tourist Visa
Canada is a well known country for its beauty & diversity and is one of the most sought after destination for tourists worldwide. Stunning locales, vibrant cities, and a welcoming crowd will make your travel experience worthwhile in this country. If you are planning a visit to Canada anytime in near future then WWICS (a world leader in providing solutions for travelling and settlement across globe) can assist you in acquiring the Tourist Visa, which is mandatory for visiting Canada or any other international locations.
A Tourist Visa will allow you to travel in Canada for a short period of time and discover the beauty and heritage of that country. However, please make sure that you visit Canada only for tourism purpose and don’t indulge in business or any other activities.
Basic Requirements to Visit Canada:
- You need to have a valid passport.
- Should not have any criminal or immigration fraud related record.
- Provide a valid reason for your return to your home country (like employment record, family record, etc.)
- Be in good health (need a thorough medical checkup).
- The immigration officer should be convinced that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit.
- Have enough money to support your travel expense
In certain cases, you may be required to clear a medical exam or obtain a letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.
Apply for a Tourist Visa:
There are two ways to apply for a Tourist Visa: –
Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
An eTA is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for a period of five years or until your passport expires. Applying through an eTA is a simple and inexpensive online process. All you need is a valid passport, an email address, and a credit card to complete online formalities. The eTA authorizations are issued within 24 hours of the form submission.
Also known as a Temporary Resident Visa, which can be applied online or through paper application.
1. Online – To apply online, you must have electronic copies of your documents (education certificates, valid employment & medical records) required for uploading along with passport and a valid credit card for payment.
2. Paper – To apply on paper for a Tourist Visa, you must first get an application package. Fill out all the details in the form and attach the required documents. Next step will be to pay the application fees and finally submit your application file for further processing.
Tourist Visa Application:
Most applications for Tourist Visa are processed within a few weeks or less. However, the processing time depends on the immigration office.
Once you have submitted the application, it is thoroughly reviewed by the immigration officer to ensure it is complete and has all the required documents. In case, if the application is incomplete, it is sent back for completion.
After the application process is completed, the immigration officer may ask for the following documents:-
Medical Examination – You may be asked to get a thorough medical checkup done before being eligible for entry into Canada. Instructions will be sent to you by the officer. Note – If you need a medical exam, it may take long for your application to process. In addition, you need to have a proper Health Insurance for any emergencies, as if you fall sick or get injured during your travel sojourns, the Canadian government won’t bear any of your medical expenses.
Police Certificate – It is possible that you may be asked to provide a police certificate to authenticate that you do not have any criminal records or trial cases pending against you.
Interview – If a visa officer decides that an interview is necessary before your travel, you will be intimated about the time and date of the same.
What are the entry documents required by a visitor to be able to travel to Canada?
In addition to the basic requirements, a visitor must have either an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a Visitor Visa.
What is an eTA?
An eTA is an electronically generated authorization that is linked with your passport and is valid for five years or till your passport gets expired. Applying for an eTA is a simple and inexpensive online process which generates an authorization within minutes of submitting the form.
What is a visitor visa?
A visitor visa is a Temporary Resident Visa required to enter Canada as a tourist. It is an official document that is attached inside the passport, giving permission to travel to Canada as a tourist. A visitor visa is of two types – Single Entry and Multiple Entry; both are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used beyond it.
How long can I stay in Canada as a tourist?
A Border Service Officer at the port of entry in Canada will define the period of your stay in Canada. Most tourists are allowed a six months stay in the country. However, in case the officer authorizes a stay of less than six months, they will indicate in your passport the date by which you need to leave the country.
I have received my Tourist Visa. Can I travel to Canada now?
Yes. However, a valid Tourist Visa and travel documents do not always guarantee that you will be allowed to enter Canada. A Border Service Officer may find reasons that you are no longer admissible in the country because:-
- There is some new information about you, such as false or incomplete information on your Tourist visa application, or
- Your case has been changed
How do I get help if my visa application is rejected?
There is no formal appeal process if your application for Tourist Visa is refused. However, you can re-apply for the same and complete all the formalities, which you might have missed in your previous application. For better assistance, get in touch with an expert from WWICS today.
How is the processing time calculated?
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) calculates the processing time of a Tourist Visa from the day it received an application to the day it makes a decision on the application.
When making a rough estimation of the time you will wait to receive a Tourist Visa, you must also take into account up to 10 days of deliver time along with the CIC’s processing time.
How early should I apply for a Canadian Tourist Visa?
Applications for a Canadian Tourist Visa should be made at least one month prior to your intended date of departure.
Is it necessary to have a visa to visit Canada as a tourist?
Yes. Anyone who wishes to travel the Canadian provinces must have a valid Tourist Visa.
If I get sick or have an accident while my visit to Canada, will the Government of Canada pay for my medical treatment?
The Government of Canada does not pay for any hospital or medical services for visitors. You must get a health insurance to cover any medical costs before you come to Canada.
Canadian Business Visitor Visa
An economically rich and growing economy, Canada presents a host of investment and business opportunities to entrepreneurs and investors all across the world. But, to explore investment options, merchandising opportunities, interact with Canadian business counterparts and participate in trade seminars, foreign nationals must obtain a Business Visitor Visa to Canada.
Individuals are considered for a business visitor visa if they are planning to pay a visit Canada for a short duration to: –
- explore opportunities to grow their trading activities,
- invest in a Canadian business, or
- advance trade and commerce relationships in the country.
As a business visitor, individuals must demonstrate that :-
- they plan to travel to the Canadian nation for a period less than six months,
- they have no intentions of entering the Canadian labor market,
- their main workplace, and source of income lies outside the geographical boundaries of Canada,
- they have documents to support their tourist visitor visa application
- they duly meet Canada’s basic entry requirements, i.e.
- they have a valid travel document, such as a passport,
- they have enough funds to support their stay and return journey,
- they plan to leave Canada at the end of their visit, and
- they do not have a security, criminal or health risk to Canadian residents.
Cross-border business Cross – border business activities that can be undertaken with a business visitor visa include:-
- purchasing Canadian goods and/or services for an international government or business,
- going for procuring orders for goods and/or services,
- going for conferences, meetings, conventions or for trade fairs
- giving for the purpose of managing after-sales service,
- going as a trainee at a parent company nestled in Canada that the visitor work’s for in his/her native nation,
- giving training to employees of a branch located in Canada, or
- attending training session at a Canadian company that has sold equipment or services to the visitor.
Apply to TravelIn order to apply for a Business Visitor visa, an individual needs to apply for an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) or a visitor visa to travel to Canada. Find out if you need an eTA or a visa.
If an individual needs an eTA to travel to Canada, he/she must:
- obtain the travel document when he/she plans to visit Canada. Try and not apply at the last moment.
- travel to Canada with the same passport used for obtaining an eTA.
If an individual needs a visitor visa to visit the Canadian nation, he/she must send certain documents with his/her application to the immigration office. These may include:
- an invitation letter from the potential business partner in Canada, and
- 24-hour contact details.
Individuals may also need identification proofs or cards which can verify that they are employed to travel to Canada.
Note: As per the North American Free Trade Agreement, a U.S. or Mexican national can also participate in other activities such as marketing, research and general services.
Admissibility to CanadaOnce an individual submits his/her application for visa, the immigration office will review it and ensure it complete and has all the relevant documents attached. If the application is complete, individuals may be asked to:-
- appear for a medical examination to prove that they are in good health to travel to Canada
- obtain a policy certificate stating that they do not have any criminal records
- appear for an interview at the Canadian immigration office.
On the other hand, in case an application is rejected, the applicant will be duly informed by the immigration officials along with the reason for refusal of the visa application. While there is no formal appeal process, individuals can apply again for a visitor visa to travel to the Canadian nation.
What is a business visitor visa?
Foreign nationals planning to travel to Canada for a short duration of time to conduct trade and commerce need a valid Business Visitor Visa. With one in hand, individuals can also travel through the country, visit sites and enjoy leisure activities.
Does a business visitor visa guarantees my entry in Canada?
A valid business visitor visa and travel documents do not guarantee that you may be permitted to enter the Canadian nation. A border services officer may deny you entry if: –
- your case or purpose to travel to Canada has changed, or
- you gave incomplete or false information to the immigration officials at the time of filing the visa application
What if I want to extend my stay in Canada?
If you wish to extend your stay in Canada, you must apply for an extension 30 days prior to the expiry of your visa. Our immigration consultants can provide you with the essential information about the various immigration options available.
What happens after I send my application for business visitor visa?
The application is received by the Canadian immigration officials and they undertake the following steps to process your application:-
- review the application and ensure it is complete
- do a background screening to determine whether you are admissible or not
- send you instructions regarding medical examination in case you did not give one prior to submitting the application,
- determine whether you need to attend an interview or not, and
- inform you about the decision made regarding your travel application.
If you apply online, the immigration officials shall contact you through your MyCIC account. On the other hand, if you had applied for you travel visa on paper, the immigration officials shall get in touch you through the contact information entered on the application form.
Am I allowed to work while in Canada with a Business Visitor Visa?
No. The Business Visitor Visa does not give permission to work in the Canadian nation.
Why do application processing times change for some visitor visas?
Typically the visitor visa application processing times depend on the number of applications received in a month by the immigration offices. Applications are processed in a systematic manner and some may take longer to process than others depending upon a number of factors such as complete information, documents, etc.
What should I do if my application is rejected?
Canada does not offer any formal appeal process to applicants of business visitor visas in case of rejected applications. However, you can apply fresh. Ensure your application is complete and you have furnished all the necessary documents to avoid refusal again.
Why do processing times differ from one immigration office to the other?
Different visa immigration offices face different challenges. Several factors affect the processing times. These include: –
- the resources available at the immigration office,
- the number of visa applications received,
- the time an applicant takes to respond to the request for furnishing information,
- the time taken for medical and security screening, and
- the mail service efficiency.
Are there any specific categories of people allowed to apply for a business visitor visa?
Yes. Business visitors are typically categorized in one of the following categories. These are:-
- Employees of a foreign company contracting a Canadian company
- Foreign trainers and trainees including intra-company training individuals
- After-sales service providers,
- Individuals attending a board of director’s meeting,
- Temporary residents such as personal assistants or caregivers
Why use the services of WWICS?
Obtaining a Canadian business visitor visa can be a tedious task. Availing the services of an expert consultant such as WWICS can save you time, money and efforts. With a team of qualified professionals who have years of experience in visa, immigration and settlement process, WWICS guides you through the entire visitor
Skilled Worker Visa
Canada welcomes skilled individuals to visit, live, study and work in Canada and contribute in its growing economy.
The Canadian government is committed to keeping families together.
Canada is the second largest country in the world and a nation of great ethnic and cultural diversity.
Thousands of individuals apply every year to visit Canada for a short stay to explore..