USA Immigration


The United States of America better known as the USA or America or States, is a republican conglomerate of 50 states. Spanning more than 9.9 million square kilometers, the States boasts a population of over 320 million and harbors people from diverse ethnicity and cultures. Being the world’s only superpower and biggest economy, USA is known by people all over. The USA is for sure a treat for everyone right from travelers to students to people looking for employment.

Be it business or stay permanent in US, you will need a valid visa document to enter the United States. However, you may not need to apply for a USA visa if you hold a passport acceptable for travel under the Visa Waiver Program, or if you hold a Canadian passport or in case you already hold a valid USA visa which corresponds to your travel purpose.

Green Card Visa 

Under the EB-5 Program, entrepreneurs including their family (spouses and unmarried children under 21) are eligible to apply for a permanent residence, better known as the Green Card in the United States. All EB-5 applicants must invest at least $500,000 in a Government approved Regional Center in the USA.

The EB-5 Program was created by the Congress in 1990 to encourage foreign investors to invest in USA, thereby creating employment for the citizens of USA and augmenting the economy by capital investment.

Visa for USA :


Green Card Visa

An EB5 Green Card entitles investors, entrepreneurs and businessmen, along with their families to stay and work anywhere in the US permanently

Portrait of hand shake between business associates with confident team

Business Visa

USA is the most favourite destination for everyone who wishes to immigrate for a better quality of life.


Student Visa

The overseas education division of WWICS, has assisted hundreds of students to opt for higher studies.


Family Visa

A temporary non-immigrant visa, allowing the US citizens to sponsor their family to join them in the US on temporary basis


Skilled Worker Visa

It allows you to live & work permanently and legally in the United States.


Travel Visa

Travel Visa is available to visitors seeking short-term entry into the U.S

United States of America or USA is undoubtedly one of the best economies of the world with excellent education system, state-of-the-art business infrastructure, exuberant tourism activities and high standards of living. If you are planning to make the USA your permanent residence, you must first attain a US Green Card.


US EB-5 Program

Since its introduction in 1990, the United States Employment Based (Category) 5 Program, popularly known as the US EB-5 Program, offers an exclusive category of immigration Visa for foreign High Net worth investors. The program was initiated with the aim of strengthening the US Economy by creating new jobs and investment of foreign investors. The EB 5 Visa, based on a qualifying US investment, approves an applicant for a Green Card before immigration to the country. It does not require the individual to manage the day-to-day affairs of a business. The applicant is required to invest US $ 500,000* in a Regional Center Project approved by the US CIS based on proposals for promoting economic growth.


What is a Regional Center?

Regional Center is an entity, organization or agency that has been approved as such by the US CIS. Regional Centers are eligible to receive immigrant investor capital of US $ 500,000. Regional Center investors could directly or indirectly create job positions by hiring 10 employees. It focuses on a specific geographic area within the United States & Exceeds the National average unemployment rate. It seeks to promote economic growth to increase export Productivity, creations of new jobs and increased domestic capital investment.



  • No day-to-day management required.
  • The 10 jobs created from the investment can be direct or indirect.
  • The investor can live and work anywhere in the U.S.
  • The investor can be a professional, a business person or even a retiree.



  • Invest US $ 500,000 in a Government approved Regional Center.
  • Source of Investment should be legal.
  • No requirement of prior business experience.
  • No requirement of Education.
  • No age bar.
  • Knowledge of English Language is not necessary.
  • The Applicant should be in Good Health.



Shifting your base and permanently residing in another country takes a lot of work and legal formalities. WWICS, being a leading global resettlement consultant, offers end-to-end immigration and visa services to its clients. A team of expert professional experts housing years of experience in resettlements, guides you through the entire visa/immigration/permanent residency process, informs you about the work scenario in USA and helps you get a Green Card (permanent residency) in the shortest possible time.

What is the US EB-5 Visa?

The EB-5 Visa is a US Visa created by the Immigration Act of 1990 which provides a method of obtaining the US Green Card for foreign nationals who invest money in the United States. To obtain the Visa, individuals must invest at least $500,000 in a Government approved Regional Center.

When do I need to invest the $500,000?

Once the Regional Center establishes that the investor fulfilled the basic admissibility requirements, they are invited to wire their investment of $500,000 into the escrow account of the project. The amount will be kept in escrow until the approval of the I-526 petition by the USCIS.

Who all can apply for this Visa?

People from all the walks of life can apply for this Visa ranging from Professionals, Business persons and Retirees.

What are the benefits of the Green Card?

The key benefits are:

  • All legal permanent residents under the EB-5 Investor Program enjoy the same benefits as every other United States resident.
  • The U.S. is a safe harbor for your family as well as your personal and business investments. Any member of the family with a Green Card can enter the U.S. at any time and stay as long as he or she wishes.
  • The cost of living in the U.S. is less than most of the large industrial nations. Consumer goods, services and housing cost is significantly less expensive than the same goods and services in most countries.
  • Students may work in the U.S. while they attend college and then continue to work afterwards, enabling the student to pay for part of his education and to work while attending graduate and postgraduate studies.
  • The U.S. provides many financial, social and educational entitlements: public schools, health and medical attention and social security.

Does the investor have to stay in the area of the Regional Center, once he/ she invests in a Regional Center project?

No. After green card one can live anywhere in the United States, without any restrictions.

What is meant by the requirement that the investor's assets should be “lawfully gained”?

Under USCIS regulations, the investor must demonstrate that his assets were gained in a lawful manner, and that the investment funds were obtained through lawful business, salary, investments, property sales, inheritance, gift or other lawful means.

Can money gifted by a parent or other relative be used for an EB-5 Investment?

Yes, provided the gift taxes, if applicable are paid. It must be demonstrated that the gift is an actual arms length transaction and is not merely a ruse or is a loan of some kind which will be re-paid after permanent resident status is granted.

What is a Designated Regional Center?

A “Regional Center:”

  • Is an entity, organization or agency that has been approved as such by the Service;
  • Focuses on a specific geographic area within the United States;
  • Seeks to promote economic growth through increased export sales, improved regional productivity, creation of new jobs, and increased domestic capital investment.

What is I-526 petition and if it gets approved by USCIS, what is the purpose of the Consulate application and Interview, and how soon is the Green card received?

I-526 petition is filed by filling the I-526 Form which is filled to show the intention of the applicant to invest and immigrate to the US. Upon receiving the approval of I-526 Petition, the procedure starts and thereafter, the documents are prepared for the Visa interview. The purpose of this procedure is to ensure that the investor and his or her family undergoes medical, police, security and immigration history checks before the Conditional Permanent Resident Visas are issued. At the interview, the consulate officer may address these issues and information printed on the I-526 application, including asking the investor to summarize the nature of his or her immigrant investment.

How will a Green- Card holder get the Citizenship of USA?

Once the applicant receives the Green Card, he will have to stay in the US for 30 months during the 5 years prior to the naturalization application. On becoming a US citizen, the applicant is entitled for all the benefits including the right to vote and hold public office.

USA is the most favourite destination for everyone who wishes to immigrate for a better quality of life for himself, his family and future generations as well.

Permanent Residency for Skilled Workers:

B1 (Business Visitors)

Visitors arriving in United States for business purposes require a valid business visitor visa namely B1 visa or an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization).

A B1 visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows visitors to come to the United States temporarily for business purposes only. They may get involved in business activities like consultation with business associates, conferring contracts and attending seminars or conferences in the US.

Visitors travelling for business purposes from participating VWP (Visa Waiver Program) nations may be required to procure an ESTA before leaving for their trip.


B1 Visa Requirements

A B1 visa can only be acquired abroad. The applicants need to establish the purpose of their trip to be for business activities only. These activities should not involve gainful employment or compensation from any source within the United States.

B1 visa applicants may be required to show that they have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay. They may also be obliged to meet certain health and character requirements.

Applicants must express their intent to return to their home country at the end of their stay.


B1 Visa Entitlements

A B1 visa holder is usually allowed to remain in the US for a maximum of one (1) year. The holder’s spouse, dependent children and domestic employees may also be entitled to accompany them to the US on a derivative non immigrant visa. B1 visa holders may be allowed to change their visa status, if required, to engage in employment or full-time study, given that the applicant fulfils the additional eligibility criteria.

B2 (Tourists)

Almost all visitors going to the United States, as tourists require a valid tourist visa which is a B2 visa or an ESTA.

A B2 visa is a non-immigrant visa that permits tourists only temporary visit to the United States. B2 visa holders can undertake city tours, can go sightseeing, call upon family and friends or, if needed, receive medical treatment in the US.

Tourists from participating VWP (Visa Waiver Program) countries are required to acquire an ESTA before departing for their trip.


B2 Visa Requirements

A B2 visa can only be procured abroad. The applicants must verify the purpose of their trip. The purpose of the trip can only be for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment.

Applicants must prove they intend to return to their home country at the end of their stay. B2 visa applicants may also be required to show that they have sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay. They may also be obliged to meet certain health and character requirements.


B2 Visa Entitlements

A B2 visa normally allows the holder to remain in the US for a maximum of six (6) months. In certain cases, some B2 visa holders may be allowed to stay up to one year.

A B2 visa holder may be permitted to undertake short-term study course during his stay, but will not be allowed to undertake long-term study course nor will he be entitled to take up employment.

However, in some particular circumstances, a B2 visa holder is allowed to change his visa status during his stay itself to engage in employment or to undertake a full-time study course.

L 1A Visa - Intra-company transferee visa L1

An L1 visa is a work visa, temporary in nature, for important employees working for international companies. This allows the employees to be transferred to the US to continue working for their employer.

An L1 visa is also suitable for significant employees working for an international company who are transferred to the US to establish a parent, branch, affiliate, or subsidiary of the company. The international company may be either an US or foreign enterprise.


L1 Visa Requirements

The main criteria to qualify for an L1 visa is that, the applicant must be employed by the company for at least one year without a break or within the preceding three years in a managerial capacity or in any specialized knowledge capacity. Furthermore, the applicant must be intending to hold a similar managerial or a major position within the company.

L1 visa applicants may also be obliged to meet certain health and character requirements.


L1 Visa Entitlements

An L1 visa is of a temporary nature allowing the visa holder to stay and work in the US temporarily.

If the company is already established in the US then a L1 visa is usually granted for 3 years. If the company is new then a L1 visa is granted for 1 year. Extensions of an L1 visa may be also be granted.

Intercompany transferees holding an L1 visa are allowed to maintain L1 visa status, while applying for a Green Card, which allows permanent US residency.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age may apply for the applicable derivative visa (L2 visa) to join their spouse or parents in the US.

Spouses and children accompanying their spouses or parents respectively are allowed to undertake employment with an approved employment authorization or study in the United States without procuring a student visa.

Students across the world prefer USA as a study destination to broaden their experience and continue their higher education. With one of the world’s finest education systems and outstanding programs in numerous fields of study, the USA is the most popular country to seek education for international students.However, to be able to get education from the USA schools and universities, an international student is required to apply for Students Visa for USA. The United States of America offers F1 student visa for a duration of three to five years, for a student to complete his education.


Basic requirements for F1 student visas

  • Student must attend an academic institution or a language-training program to obtain F1 visa;
  • Student has to be enrolled as a full-time student;
  • The university/ school at which the student is planning to seek education at should be approved by the USICE (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement) to accept foreign students;
  • Students must have proof of sufficient financial support to complete the study;
  • Student must prove that they do not have intentions to abandon their home country residency.


Application Procedure

F1 student visa is offered by the US for duration of three to five years. After the completion of MS (Masters of Science), the student gets Optional Practical Training (OPT) under which he is allowed to work full time for up to 29 months. With OPT, a student gets work permit and permission to work while on study visa. Once the OPT is completed, a student can apply for H1B visa (work visa).


On-campus workrules for F-1 student visa holder:

  • You must maintain valid F-1 status
  • You can work up to 20 hours per week while school is in session
  • You can work full-time on campus during holidays and vacation periods if you intend to register for the next academic semester
  • The employment may not displace (take a job away from) a U.S. resident


General OPT Requirements:

  • Student must maintain lawful F-1 status
  • Employment must be “directly related” to the student’s major
  • Student must apply for OPT before completion of all work towards a degree
  • Students who have engaged in 12 months or more of full-time Curricular Practical Training (CPT) are not eligible for OPT
  • OPT is permitted for up to 12 months full-time in total.


Visas in the Student category include:

Universities & Colleges in US

Names of University Location
Findlay university Findlay, OHIO, USA
American International College Springfield, Massachusetts USA
National University La Jolla, California USA
Arizona State university Tempe, Arizona USA



  • 10+2 for Under Graduate courses
  • 10+2+3 for Post Graduate & Masters
  • IELTS 6.0 for Under Graduate & Bachelor
  • 6.5 for Post Graduate & Masters
  • Intake in the months of January, May & September
  • Work Permit is given for 20 hrs approx
  • Earning 6-10 USD per hour part-time
  • Minimum passing marks required is 60%
  • GRE, GMAT is also required for Engineering & Management courses respectively.
  • Names of Colleges /Universities we represent
  • University of Findlay


Courses Available:

  • Post Graduate Programs
  • International Business Management
  • Marketing Business
  • Business Administration
  • Cyber Space Security
  • Networking Technology
  • Computer Information System
  • Web Design &. Development
  • Research Analysis
  • Advertising Media
  • Interactive Multimedia
  • 3-D Animation
  • Hotel Management
  • HRM
  • Travel & Tourism
  • Arts & Sciences
  • Journalism
  • Engineering Courses
  • MBA
  • IT & Computers
  • Finance & Accounts
  • Master Programs


What is Student Visa?

Student visa is referred to non-immigrant visa, as per which, the visa holder can enter the territory of a particular nation to seek higher education without obtaining citizenship. It is must for a prospective student wishing to get higher education at another country to obtain a student visa for that country.

What is F1 visa?

F1 visa refers to a nonimmigrant visa issued to candidates who have interest in studying in the U.S. It is must to file for F1 visa application if an interest candidate has plans to enter the US for pursuing studies at a private elementary school, high school, university or college, seminary, conservatory, or other academic institution.

What is an I-20 form?

I-20 Form is an official US Department of Homeland Security document, which is issued by a certified colleges, universities, or institutions. Form I-20 is a “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status”, and issued only to potential non-immigrant students. To get F1 or M1 visa, a student must obtain this form. Form I-20 is not a visa to enter USA as a student.

Why is I-20 Form important to get Student Visa for USA?

Form I-20 works as a proof-of-acceptance from a particular university and comprises important information required to pay Student and Exchange Visitor Program fee, i.e. the SEVIS I-901 fee.

What is the list of documents required to apply for Students Visa for USA?

To apply for students Visa for USA, a candidate needs following set of documents: –

  • SEVIS Form I-20
  • Financial Documentation: This includes supporting documents (e.g. bank statements, income tax return, SFCM Financial Aid Award letter, etc.) which you sent for your I-20.
  • A Valid Passport (for at least 6 months after the expiration date of your Student Visa)
  • Visa Application Form
  • Visa Application Fee
  • Two Visa Photos
  • Other Additional Documents

What is the jobs and employment scenario in the US?

In the US, there is a great opportunity for employment in the field of Business Administration, Science, Teaching, Healthcare, and Engineering. The United States offers great scope of prospering career with high paying scale for the deserving professionals.

I am of 15 years of age. Do I have to appear for interview for F1 students Visa for USA?

Yes, students between the age group 14 to 79 have to appear for interview for F1 visas.

Can I work in the US with student visa?

F1 students Visa for USA have strict work restrictions and are meant only for pursuing education. However, Students with F-1 visas are generally allowed to work on the campus of the university at which they study for up to 20 hours a week.

Can I transfer to a different school with my F1 visa?

Yes, by following the change of schools process, you may change your institution, school or university with the United States. To change your current school, you are required to notify the DSO (designated school officer) to transfer SEVIS record. Along with this, you would also need Form I-20 from your new school and submitted the change of documents within 15 days of transfer date.

Can I travel outside the US if I am F1 visa holder?

Yes, following the travel requirements of other place, at which you intent to visit you may travel. However, you would have to return to the US within five months. Also, before leaving the US, the student would need to get a signed I-20 form.

Optional Practical Training (OPT) (for F-1 Students)

F-1 visa holders may be eligible for up to 12 months of optional practical training following completion of all course requirements for graduation (not including thesis or equivalent), or after completion of all requirements. OPT is separate from a student’s academic work, and time for OPT will not normally be reflected during the student’s academic program or in the completed study date. Students applying for an F visa to do OPT may present an I-20 with an original end of study date that may have passed. However, these I-20s must be annotated by the designated school official to reflect approval of an OPT program that extends beyond the end of the regular period of study. In addition, the student must have proof that USCIS has approved their practical training program or that an application is pending, either in the form of an approved Employment Authorization Card or a Form I-797 indicating that s/he has a pending application for an OPT program.

Duration of OPT

Initial OPT applications have a maximum duration eligibility of 12 months for each higher degree level (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral Degree) you complete.

If you have used part of your OPT employment benefit during your degree program, you are only entitled to the remaining benefit, not a new 12 months. You will not receive additional OPT time if you complete another degree at the same level (e.g., two master’s degrees) or a lower level (e.g., complete a master’s degree and then go back to school to complete a second bachelor’s degree).

Also, please note that if you receive your Employment Authorization Document (EAD card) after the work authorization start date you requested, you are not eligible to recover the time that passed while you were waiting to receive your EAD card in the mail. You must still stop working on the end date indicated on the EAD card unless you are eligible for a 17 month STEM extension and applied in a timely manner.

A one-time 17 month post-completion OPT extension may be available to certain STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) graduates who are employed by an employer that participates in the E-Verify program.

Aiding a family member to become a permanent resident of the US, follows roughly the same procedure but with some nuances in each type of family-based visa.

First, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) must approve your immigrant visa petition (I-130) for you. It must be accompanied by proof of the relationship and the other required documentation in order to begin the family based immigration process.

The Department of State determines if an immigrant visa number is available for the applicant, based on the category applied.

The third step in family based immigration. The relative in the US should apply to change his status to that of a lawful permanent resident after a visa number becomes available.

The US Family visa is a temporary non-immigrant visa, allowing the US citizens to sponsor their family, spouses or fiancee to join them in the US on temporary basis.

Children, siblings, parents and spouses of US citizens or permanent residents, who are eligible, might be permitted to apply for a family based Green Card.

K1 Visa: A K1 visa allows a US citizen to sponsor his fiancé to come to the US to get married. Following this, Green card can be applied for.

K3 Visa: A K3 visa consents to a US citizen sponsoring his spouse to join him in the US, while the Green Card application is being processed.



IR Green Card :The ‘Immediate Relative’ category gives permission to a US citizen to sponsor his spouses from other nations, children and parents for a Green Card.

F1-F3 Green Card :These Green Card categories permits US citizens to sponsor their children to become permanent residents of the United States.

The F2 category permits permanent residents of the US to sponsor their spouses from other nations and children to apply for a Green Card.

The F4 Green Card category permits US citizens to sponsor their brothers and sisters, so as to apply for permanent residency.

For immigrating to US, you need to obtain a Green Card, which is a US Permanent Residence Visa. It allows you to live & work permanently and legally in the United States. It is also a proof of your registration in accordance with the United States Immigration Laws.

The B1 Business Visitor visa is available to visitors seeking short-term entry into the U.S. to engage in legitimate business activities of a commercial or professional nature that do not involve receiving salary or payment of any kind from a U.S. source. The B2 visa is available for tourist activities, such as sightseeing, visiting friends and relatives, obtaining medical treatment, attending conferences and meetings. This is how Consulate defines the qualification for the visitor visa grant.

“Applicants for visitor visas must show that they qualify under provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The presumption in the law is that every visitor visa applicant is an intending immigrant.


Therefore, applicants for visitor visas must overcome this presumption by demonstrating that:

  • The purpose of their trip is to enter the U.S. for business, pleasure, or medical treatment
  • That they plan to remain for a specific, limited period
  • That they have a residence outside the U.S. as well as other binding ties which will insure their return abroad at the end of the visit


What is the Process: 

There are 4 USA consulate in India and based on your address of residency/state in India, you need to contact a specific consulate that is pplicable for you. Prepare all the documents as per the list given above.

  • Sponsor in USA needs to send:
  • Completed and notarized Affidavit of Support form I-134. You can download it from US-INS web site.
  • A letter from Bank/banks (on their business letter head), stating your account summary.
  • (Talk to your bank and ask for your Account verification letter. Which is usually on the Banks office stationary should have Date of Account open and Current balance)
  • Copy of your Bank Statement, showing a good balance in order to justify your financial position.
  • Certificate Letter from your employer (on company’s business letter head), stating that you are a permanent employee of the company, and also stating your salary. 1 or 2 recent pay stub copies. If you are a Visa holder Copies of your – Visa (H1/L1), H1 approval form (I-797), and I-94. (If visa has expired but has a renewed petition, photocopy of the renewed petition. )
  • If Green card Holder: Copy of green card.If USA citizen: Copy of certificate of citizenship.
  • Which ever is applicable.
  • A neat photocopy of your complete Passport, including even the blank pages.
  • Copy of recent income tax returns.
  • An application/letter from you to the US consulate in India (address it to the particular consulate e.g. Delhi), requesting for issuing a visitor visa to the concerned person, stating that you will be taking care of every needful for these people, including tickets, boarding and other expenses in USA.
  • A formal invitation letter addressed to the person (person’s) you are inviting to US. Also stating that you will be taking care of all their needs while in US, including tickets, boarding and other expenses in USA


Applicant needs:

  • Completed Non-immigration Visa application form DS-156, which is also available free of charge at the consulates only. (Separate for each visitor)
  • Completed form DS-157, for all male nonimmigrant visa applicants between the ages of 16 and 45. Which is available free of charge at the consulates only. (Separate for each visitor)
  • Each applicant, including children of any age, must possess an individual passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond the intended period of stay.
  • Two photographs 2 and 2 inches square (50 mm square) for each applicant, showing full face, without head covering, against a light background. To be used in the application Form. US consulates are very particular about the Photographs specification.
  • Must follow these guidelines for photographs

For immigrating to US, you need to obtain a Green Card, which is a US Permanent Residence Visa. It allows you to live & work permanently and legally in the United States. It is also a proof of your registration in accordance with the United States Immigration Laws.

We provide the best services to our clients, right from the start until they completely settle in the country of their choice.



It is very important to file the application aptly. In case, it is not appropriately documented, case could be rejected. Our experience over the years has given us an edge and expertise to ensure that our client’s case is presented in the most effective manner. Based on the knowledge and experience, we prepare a Submission Report, which shows and presents how has the client met the criteria. Preparing and filing the case in an appropriate manner with proper documentation and right compilation is the mantra to our success. This also strengthens their chances and helps them in getting Interview Waivers. We regularly keep in touch with the Visa Offices to handle all correspondence pertaining to our client’s case.



After filing the case, the application is reviewed on the basis of education, training and work experience. In almost 50% cases, clients receive Interview Waivers because of perfect presentation of case. In case, the client is called for an interview, our experts guide him/her about the intended occupation in Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand & USA with skills, education, language and training up-gradation, required to come at par with the international standards.

We provide thorough training under our Interview Preparation Course (IPC). We groom the clients with mock interview so that they are fully prepared and confident when they go for the interview. Thirty percent of our clients receive telephonic interviews and they succeed due to thorough and expert guidance given by our counselors.



We ensure that the Medical and Landing Papers are issued to our clients promptly and without any hassle. In case, any changes are required in the Medical and Landing Papers, we make additional representation to Immigration Authorities and ensure that the papers are released without any further delay. In case of any medical problem, we would file a Judicial Review to ensure our client’s success. We have been successful in overturning 700 or more of such rejected cases.



Moving to a new country involves lot of preparations. So, to ensure early settlement and success, our Settlement Division takes on the job to prepare the clients right from the stage they retain our services, guiding them to upgrade their educational qualifications and acquire additional professional skills required in the country they are immigrating to. Our Counselors guide our clients at this significant stage before they move to Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand & USA by providing them with information covering social norms, housing, health care, children’s education, banking, traveling, taxation etc.

The Employment Readiness Course (ERC) covers the job culture, preparation for the job market and work ethics in these countries. Information about upgrading professional and educational qualifications, licensing or professional registration requirements, list of potential employers, exams to be taken in order to obtain a license and registration in any of these countries and effective job search techniques, professional licensing and registrations, preparation of licensing exams are also provided by our experts. All this goes a long way in early settlement of our clients.



We take care of all their needs from the time our clients retain our services till they are completely settled abroad. After landing abroad, we take care of their airport pickup, subsidized rooms at Welcome Homes, help in opening a Bank Account, Credit Card, Driving License, Government Card, finding education institutes for children, getting insurance and many more such services. Advanced orientation sessions by our counselors cover guidance and assistance about living in Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand & USA, their social life and culture, banking, health and life insurance, education, health services, traveling and much more. These sessions help our clients acclimatize to life abroad without wasting their valuable time.

What is an H-1B Visa?

An H-1B visa is available for a period not to exceed a total of six years; to a foreign employee A. who will be incumbent in a temporary position and will perform services in a specialty occupation on the behallf the employer has obtained an approved Lab-or Condition Application.

Is there any special requirement to get H-1B?

Yes. You must have the U.S. equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree in a specialized subject (such as computer science, economics etc.) and the job must require such specialization. There are many other requirements, but this is where you begin.

How much is the fee for H-1B and H4.?

The correct visa application fee for filing an H-1 B under regular processing is $1130.

What are the different types of H-1 visas?

An H-1B is temporary visa for three years, extendable for another three. There are various sub categories of H-1 Visa which is as follows:

  • H-1A Registered Nurse
  • H-1B1 Specialty Occupation (Professionals)
  • H-1B2 U.S. Department of Defense special visas
  • H-1B3 Artists, entertainers or fashion models of national or international acclaim
  • H-1B4 Artists or Entertainers in unique or traditional art form
  • H-1B5 Athletes H-1BS Essential support personnel for
  • H-1B entertainer or athlete.

How many people immigrate to the U.S. every year and what countries are they from?

The number of immigrants per year has gone down as it was in the peak years at the beginning of the 20th century. Immigration as a proportion of population is about a third of what it was in the peak years. The foreign-born population of the United States is 8.5 percent of the total population (as of 1990).

What are the main reasons why people immigrate here?

People come to the United States for many different reasons, but main factor which attracts is for better opportunities for themselves and their families: better jobs, better life, to join family, to escape war and for freedom.

What are the living conditions for the new immigrants compared to the conditions in their old country?

Overwhelmingly, survey results report that recent immigrants have better living conditions in the United States than in their own country. They cite better jobs and freedom as the reasons why.

What kinds of jobs do most immigrants have compared to jobs held in their old country?

In a survey conducted by a US Research Centre states that most immigrants now have better jobs with higher pay in the United States.

What is L1 Visa?

The United States L1 visa is a non-immigrant visa which allows companies operating both in the US and abroad to transfer certain classes of employee from its foreign operations to the US operations for up to seven years. The employee must have worked for a subsidiary, parent, affiliate or branch office of your US company outside of the US for at least one year out of the last three years.
Companies operating in the US for at least one year, may apply to the relevant INS service center for an L1 visa to transfer someone to the US from their overseas operations. Employees in this category will, initially, be granted an L1 visa for up to three years.

Can my company make L1 visa applications?

Any organization which is ‘doing business’ (i.e. has more than simply an agent or representative presence) in the United States can sponsor an L1 visa, provided that the candidate qualifies in either L1A or L1B category, and that the sponsoring organization continues to carries on doing business outside the United States for the duration of the worker’s L1 status. There is no restriction on the types of business that can sponsor an L1 visa – corporations, partnerships, government-owned entities and non-profit organizations are all eligible. Nor is it a requirement that the sponsoring organization be United States-owned or incorporated. It is, however, a requirement that there is some equity or ownership link between the transferor organization and the transferee organization in the United States.


Qualifying criteria:

In order to sponsor an application for an L1 visa:

A foreign parent must own at least 50% of a US subsidiary, and have veto powers over the subsidiary’s actions A US parent must own must own at least 50% of the foreign subsidiary, and have veto powers over the subsidiary’s actions.
Affiliate US and foreign companies must each be at least 50% owned by the same ultimate parent A US organization with a branch office abroad qualifies, as does a foreign organization with a US branch (though this must be more than simply an agent or representative)
A US organization which employs e.g. sales personnel overseas can sponsor such employees for L1’s even if there is no non-US office.

Note that the ownership requirements are not as strict in the case of vary large corporations, where a substantial minority shareholding will be a qualifying relationship. Does the candidate qualify for an L1 visa? All L1 employees must have been employed by the company outside of the USA for at least one of the three years preceding the transfer. It does not matter if the worker was directly employed by the sponsor, or paid through an agency or personal service company, or even on a freelance basis, provided the sponsor had management and control over the worker during the qualifying year.

The employee must have been employed during the qualifying year as an executive, manager, or specialized knowledge worker, though it permissible for a specialized knowledge worker to come to the United States as a Manager or Executive, and for a manager or executive to come as a specialized knowledge worker, provided the US operation has been doing business for at least one year.

As noted previously, the ‘standard of proof’ for managers and executives is quite strict – they must generally supervise other professional or managerial staff and/or direct and control the day-to-day operations of a significant function, unit or subdivision of the employer. Specialized knowledge workers, however, qualify relatively easily – any employee with familiarity with the employer’s specific products, procedures or methods may qualify.

Is there any limit on the number of L1 visas available in a year?


Can spouses and children of L1 visa-holders work in the USA?

Dependants are issued L2 visas, which are not employment authorised. In order to engage in employment, L2 visa-holders would have to change or adjust status to another employment-authorised category. L-2 holders can engage in study.

Can I move L1 employees to different sites around the US?

Yes provided they remain under your management and control.

Can the alien come to the USA on a visitor visa or visa-waiver while the L1 petition is being processed?

This is possible but not advisable, and under no accounts should the alien risk putting in jeopardy the issue of an L1 visa by engaging in anything that might be construed as work, as this may lead to the alien being accused of visa-fraud either on entry to the US with a visitor visa/visa-waiver or when applying for an L1 visa at the US consulate in their own country.

Can L1 employees work part-time?


Is there a requirement that I pay L1 workers the 'prevailing wage'?

No, but paying L1 workers significantly below the prevailing wage and/or the wages of your US resident staff is likely to result in the INS viewing your petition unfavourably and may also result in investigations by the INS or Department of Labour.

private institutes offer a variety of courses that attract the students from all over the world.

Is it required to pay tuition fee expenses in Advance and show receipt from the University?

No- Paying the tuition fees expenses in advances is a good way to show proof of funds but it is not a requirement to pay in advance.

What documents should I show to prove that I can pay for my education in the US ?

There are no specific documents that prove a student is able to pay for his/her education. Bank account statements, chartered accountant statements, employment letters, and property documents are the most common documents used to show proof of funds.

How do I prove that I can afford to attend school in the US ?

Part 7 on the I-20 shows the amount of funding you must have available to cover the first years expenses. The total amount includes tuition and fees, living expenses, expenses of dependents (if applicable), and other expenses (as applicable). You must prove that you have immediate funds available to cover this amount. If you are going to a two years Masters program, then you must also show that funds are or will likely be available to cover the same amount for second year. For example, if you are a student for two year Masters program and the total amount in part-7 of I-20 includes $5000 for tuition and fees, $5000 for living expenses and $500 for other expenses (books and supplies) then you must prove that $10,500 is or will likely be available to cover the second year.

What if my university does not require that I take the TOEFL or GRE?

Students whose prospective university does not require that they take the TOEFL or GRE should provide a letter from the university stating the same. However, the Embassy strongly recommends that all student visa applicants provide standardized test scores.

Can a person on a visitor visa, if he gets admission to a school and gets an I-20, be able to change his status to student ?

No, previously, US Law permitted persons entering on tourist, B-2 visas to change status to F-1 visas. That is no longer the case. A non-immigrant wishing to study in US must apply from their country of origin or residence if they wish to study in the US on an F-1 visa.

I have received my student visa, when should I travel ?

Students (F1 or M1)may travel within 30 days of the commencement of the course of study stated on your I-20 regardless of how early your visa was issued.

How early should I apply for my student(F1 or M1) visa?

You are encouraged to apply early for your student non-immigrant visa to ensure that you can get on your way in timely fashion. During the summer season (April to September) you may apply at any time prior to start date of your classes. During the rest of the year, you may apply upto 90 days prior to your start date.

Do my I-20 need to be sealed in an envelope?

No, your I-20 does not need to be sealed in an envelope. However, you have to make sure that you carry the I-20 when you travel, as you have to show it to the immigration officer at the port of entry in order to be admitted in to the US.


The normal US Green Card processing time is three working days. However, there might be a slight change in the processing time in specific cases. You may pick up the passport from the location of your choice.

If you come across a printing mistake in your visa, please email giving details about it. If needed, the authority will provide instructions for submitting your passport.

If the validity of your visa is going to expire then you will have to apply for another visa. The visa validity cannot be extended.

You can apply for a new visa even if you have a valid visa with you. You need not wait for your current visa to expire.

There is no casual work visa offered in the United States. Anyone who plans to work in the United States must have an approved petition before the visa appointment.

f your USA visa or Green Card is lost or stolen, immediately report to the local police and obtain a police report for the same. After that you need to report the loss of the visa office, with the following information:

  • Your name and nationality
  • Your date and place of birth
  • Your address and phone number
  • The place where your visa was issued
  • Copy of the lost visa, if available
  • Copy of the bio-data page of your lost passport, if available. Otherwise, the details mentioned on the page if available.
  • When and how your passport got stolen
  • Copy of the stolen passport police report

There is no specific time for the resettlement process and it can vary. Usually, the average processing time is around eight to ten months.

Request a call back.
Translate »